REGULATIONS OF THE ECE WARSAW 2023 Conference
These Regulations have been drawn up and published on the basis of art. 8 sec. 1 point 1 of the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of electronic services (consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2020.344) and is made available via the website ece-warsaw2023.eu, free of charge in a form that allows it to be downloaded, recorded and printed .
Whenever these Terms and Conditions for Participation in the ECE Warsaw 2023 Conference use the terms defined below, they should be understood as follows:
Organizers – Chamber of Commerce, Cereal Processors and Feed Producers, with its registered office in Warsaw, at ul. Wspólna 56, 00-684 Wwa, entered into the National Court Register under the number 0000116407, NIP: 5272102616, REGON: 012969507
Provider – the Organizer’s supplier responsible for operating the website and payment system – MADOGZ sp. z o. o. ul. Ustrzycka 6, 02-141 Warsaw, KRS: 0000873332, NIP: 5213914790, REGON: 387697923
ECE Warsaw 2023 Conference (Conference) – an offline event organized by the Organizers on October 12-13, 2023, in which any person meeting the conditions for participation in these Regulations may participate. The event takes place only in stationary form, which means that there is no online part.
Participant – a natural person authorized to participate in the Conference.
Random events – the so-called force majeure, understood as an external situation, extraordinary and difficult to predict, the effects of which cannot be prevented even with the utmost care (in particular: earthquakes, floods, fires, transport disasters, epidemics and pandemics, wars and hostilities, exceptions, prohibitions and orders of the state authority regarding the security of the state and citizens, general strikes).
Regulations – these regulations, i.e. a set of rules and conditions for participation in the ECE Warsaw 2023 Conference, applicable to all Participants.
Rules for the purchase and use of tickets – regulations for paid services offered as part of the Conference in the form of entrance tickets or exhibition stands.
Ordering Party – a natural person, legal person or an organizational unit without legal personality that has registered a Participant’s participation in the Conference and purchased one or more services for one or more Participants.
Application – actions taken by the Ordering Party to purchase one of the services.
Confirmation of participation – a message sent to the Participant by persons authorized by the Organizers via e-mail to the e-mail address indicated during the Application, after paying the fee for the service by the Ordering Party (email from the ece-warsaw2023.eu domain)
Platform – a set of services, tools and functionalities available at: https://ece-warsaw2023.eu/ and in the ece-warsaw2023.eu subdomains, enabling Participants in particular access to: scenes and speeches of speakers; profile of yourself and other participants; information about the conference programme.
Entrance ticket – a virtual ticket with a QR code, confirming the selection of one of the packages of services provided as part of the Conference by the Organizers, i.e.: Entrance ticket to the conference, Entrance ticket to the Gala Dinner, service in the form of an exhibition stand – Exhibition area and other services provided by the organizer . The entrance ticket will change its form from virtual to physical, when presenting the QR code at the entrance to the Conference by the Participant, then the entrance ticket will be a badge with the name, surname and company name. The Participant undertakes to secure and take care of the Entry Ticket and related confidential data, such as: services assigned to the purchased Entry Ticket and not to provide, disclose or share them with third parties. All package prices are included in the price list, which is an appendix to these regulations.
Conference entry ticket – a ticket entitling you to participate in the conference/fair part on October 12, 2023 and October 13, 2023 at: EXPO XXI, ul. Ignacego Prądzyńskiego 12/14, 1-222 Warsaw. . This ticket does not include the Gala Dinner Entrance Ticket.
Entrance ticket to the Gala Dinner – a ticket entitling to participate in the ceremonial evening part, i.e. in the Gala Dinner in the evening of October 12, 2023 at Tor Służewiec, ul. Puławska 266, 02-684 Warsaw. This ticket does not include the Conference Entrance Ticket.
Exhibition area – a service in the form of an exhibition stand during the Conference. Details regarding the Exhibition Space are agreed individually with the interested Partners.
Consumer – a natural person referred to in art. 22(1) of the Civil Code, i.e. a natural person placing an order not directly related to his business or professional activity.
Distance contract – a contract concluded with the Consumer as part of an organized system for concluding distance contracts, without the simultaneous physical presence of the parties, with the sole use of one or more means of distance communication, up to and including the time of conclusion of the contract.
Consumer Rights Act – the Consumer Rights Act of May 30, 2014 (Journal of Laws 2020.0.287, i.e.).
Force majeure – means an event of an extraordinary nature, which could not have been foreseen while maintaining due diligence required for professional provision of services, which event is external to both the Organizer and the Participant and which, acting with due diligence, cannot be opposed . The parties consider as force majeure events in particular: strike, blockades of roads or other commonly used entry and exit points, the result of actions or omissions of the state administration (e.g. traffic bans, administrative orders to protect the life and health of citizens, lack of permits), natural disasters natural disasters, epidemics, pandemics, bans on gatherings at the national and local levels, states of emergency, etc.
Information clause – information to be provided by the Organizers, as co-administrators of the Participants’ personal data, in accordance with art. 13 of the General Regulation on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data of 27 April 2016 (hereinafter referred to as the GDPR, depending on the purpose and legal basis for the processing of personal data).
§ 1 TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
I. Formal conditions
1. The condition for participation in the Conference is the Notification of willingness to participate in the Conference (hereinafter: Registration) by correctly completing the Registration Form. In the case of minors, their participation may only be registered by a person who is their statutory representative. All consents referred to below expressed by the notifying legal representative concern the minor.
2. Registration should be made only electronically (online) on the Registration Form available on the Conference website https://ece-warsaw2023.eu/
3. Registration requires the Participant’s personal data to be provided.
5. Registration of participation in the Conference is tantamount to expressing free, unlimited in terms of quantity, time and territory, consent to the free use, processing, duplication and multiple dissemination of the Participant’s image recorded in photos and recordings made during the ECE Warsaw 2023 Conference, without the need to approve them each time for informational, promotional and advertising purposes of the Conference. The above consent covers all forms of publication, in particular dissemination on television, in the press and on the Internet, including on the Conference website at https://ece-warsaw2023.eu/, open and closed websites and in social media Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
6. Persons under the age of 15 may participate in the Conference only in the presence of adults. The organizers reserve the right to suspend this point.
§ 2 POWERS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE ORGANIZERS
1. The Organizers reserve the right to close registration for the Conference when the limit of Participants is reached.
2. The Organizers reserve the right to prevent the participation in the Conference of persons who have not registered via the Registration Form, in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations.
3. The Conference program will be published on the Conference website at: https://ece-warsaw2023.eu/. The organizers reserve the right to make changes to the Conference program. Any changes will be disclosed on an ongoing basis at the place of publication. Changing the program by the Organizer does not constitute the basis for a refund in the event of the Participant’s resignation from participation in the Conference.
4. In the case of random events, the Organizers allow for the possibility of changing the assumptions of the organization of the Conference, including in particular the date and manner of its conduct. In this case, the Organizers undertake to inform the Participants about the changes made via e-mail sent to the address of the Ordering Party provided in the Registration Form within 7 days from the date of making the change. Within 7 days of notification of the change, the Participant may resign from participation in the Conference.
§ 3 RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE CONFERENCE PARTICIPANT
1. It is allowed to film and record the course of the Conference, speeches, lectures, statements or images of other Participants and any other events taking place during the Conference.
2. Participants may not relate to other Participants, speakers and Organizers of the conference in a way that violates dignity or is contrary to the general principles of social coexistence.
3. Participants are obliged to behave in a way that does not hinder other Participants from participating in the Conference.
4. The User undertakes not to take actions that could destabilize the services provided by the Organizers or third parties providing services to the Organizers related to the organization of the Conference, or that could in any way
make it difficult for other Participants to participate in the Conference.
5. The Participant undertakes not to attempt to gain access to resources, services or data to which he is not authorized. It is not allowed to send data, including photos, videos – reports from the event to third parties not participating in the Conference.
6. A Participant who does not comply with the Regulations may be asked to leave the Conference by the Organizers.
7. The Participant undertakes to follow the instructions of the persons coordinating the Conference on behalf of the Organizers, in particular the instructions regarding participation in the Conference, behavior during lectures and other undesirable activities that may affect the reception of the Conference by other Participants.
8. The Organizers reserve the right to ask a Participant who violates the provisions of the Regulations to leave the Conference. In such a case, the Participant is not entitled to any claims against the Organizers, in particular a claim for reimbursement of the fee for the Entry Ticket.
9. Failure to use, deliver or collect the Entry Ticket or
failure to use some of the services available under a given Entry Ticket does not constitute grounds for reimbursement of its costs.
10. The Participant will be identified by the data provided during Registration and by the Entry Ticket held, as well as any proof of identity.
11. Access to specific additional events of the Conference for the Participant depends on the Entry Ticket held. Extension of access for the Participant is possible only by purchasing an Entry Ticket with a given scope of services.
12. The Organizer reserves the right to remove from the Conference a Participant who will arouse reasonable suspicion (due to his condition, manner of behavior, statements) that he is under the influence of drugs or intoxicants, alcohol.
13. For security reasons, the Organizers may introduce additional precautions and rules for participation during the Conference, if such actions are required by applicable law, including administrative decisions, aimed in particular at the safety of Participants. The Participant is obliged to submit to such precautions and comply with the established rules. In the event of non-compliance with the established procedures, the Organizer reserves the right to prevent the Participant from participating in the Conference and related events.
14. The participant who provided his e-mail address in the registration form also agrees to receive e-mails from the Organizer in connection with participation in the Conference.
§ 4 PARTICIPANT DATA – IDENTIFIER
1. Each Participant of the Conference, from the moment of registration at the Conference, has a unique one
identifier, which is a QR code entitling to participate in the Conference.
2. The ID is assigned to a specific Participant at the time of purchase of the Entry Ticket to the Conference.
3. The ID badge is primarily used to ensure proper handling of the Conference, in particular in terms of ensuring proper participation and verification of the Participants’ rights granted to them in connection with the purchased Entry Ticket. The QR code is also the basis for issuing a physical identifier at the event venue, which will be a badge with the name, surname and company name.
4. Providing data for registration by the participant is related to the provision by the Organizers of the Participant’s personal data assigned to the Partner by granting access to the database dedicated to the Partner and their processing in order to contact the Participant during and after the Conference, in accordance with the Information Clause.
5. The Organizers inform that the Partner who, in accordance with sec. 4 above, the Participant’s personal data has been provided, he should fulfill the information obligation towards the Participant, in accordance with applicable law and/or, depending on the basis and purpose of processing, obtain appropriate consents.
§5 WITHDRAWAL FROM THE DISTANCE SALES AGREEMENT
1. The right to withdraw from the remote conclusion of a contract for the provision of electronic services is only entitled to the Participant who made the purchase as a Consumer.
2. A Participant who is a Consumer has the right to withdraw from the Entry Ticket purchase agreement without giving any reason within 14 days of making the payment for the completed purchase.
3. To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is enough for the Consumer to send a statement before the expiry of this period to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org from the e-mail address provided in the registration form when making the purchase.
4. In the case referred to in point 1, the Organizer, after receiving a declaration of withdrawal from the contract for the purchase of the Entry Ticket by the Participant, will block and then cancel the purchased Entry Ticket in the sales system.
5. The Organizer will refund the price paid by the Participant for the Entry Ticket within 14 days from the date of withdrawal by the Participant to the bank account indicated by the Participant in the declaration of withdrawal or, in the absence of such data, to the bank account with
which the payment for the purchase was made.
6. In the event that the time limit specified in sec. 1 expires on the day of the beginning of the Conference or later, the last day of withdrawal from the contract is the day preceding the beginning of the Conference until 23.59 and at this moment the Consumer loses the right to withdraw, which he is aware of and agrees to.
7. On the day of the beginning of the Conference, due to the fact that the service has started in accordance with the date indicated on the ticket by the Organizer, withdrawal is no longer possible.
8. The right to withdraw is granted only to the person who purchased the Entry Ticket by completing the registration form on the website https://ece-warsaw2023.eu/ and selecting the given package. The persons to whom the Entry Ticket has been transferred are not entitled to exercise the right of withdrawal.
9. In order to meet the withdrawal deadline, it is enough for the Participant to send information regarding the exercise of his right to withdraw from the contract before the deadline for withdrawing from the contract according to the following formula:
– first name and last name
– Bank account number
– content statement
I hereby make a declaration of withdrawal from
purchase contract concluded on [date]. The price paid
please pay to my bank account.
§6 CHANGE OF THE REGULATIONS
1. The Organizers are entitled to change the Regulations of the ECE Warsaw 2023 Conference and this change becomes effective on the date indicated by the Organizers at the time of publishing the Regulations on the Conference website.
2. The organizers reserve the right to change the Regulations for important reasons, including:
a. the need to adapt the Regulations to legal provisions having a direct impact on the Regulations and resulting in the need to modify the Regulations in order to comply with the law;
b. the need to adapt the Regulations to recommendations, orders, rulings, resolutions, interpretations, guidelines or decisions of authorized public authorities;
c. changes in the organization of the Conference affecting the implementation of the rights of the Parties;
d. changing the technical conditions for the provision of electronic services;
e. the need to remove ambiguities, errors or typographical errors that would possibly occur in the Regulations;
f. change of contact details, names, identification numbers, electronic addresses or links included in the Regulations;
g. fraud prevention;
h. improving the service of Users/Customers;
i. changing the process of concluding contracts via the Platform.
3. The Participants registered for the Conference will be notified of changes to the Regulations and their scope by e-mail (to the e-mail address provided during registration).
4. The amended Regulations are binding for the registered Participant who does not terminate the contract for the provision of electronic services (purchased Entrance Ticket) before the date of entry into force of the amended Regulations. The date of entry into force of the amended Regulations will be at least 7 days from the date of notification of the change to the Regulations made in accordance with section 2 above.
5. The Regulations are made available to the Users free of charge and continuously on the website https://ece-warsaw2023.eu/, in a way that allows the Users to obtain and reproduce and record its content at any time.
§ 7 COMPLAINTS
1. A complaint submitted by a Participant in connection with non-performance or improper performance of services for reasons attributable to the Organizers should contain at least the following elements:
a. name and surname and contact details of the person lodging the complaint,
b. e-mail address of the Participant to whom the complaint relates,
c. the subject of the complaint, taking into account the circumstances justifying the claim,
d. signature of the person lodging the complaint and the date.
2. The complaint should be sent by e-mail to the following e-mail address: email@example.com or by traditional mail to the correspondence address of one of the Organizers.
3. The answer will be provided in the form in which the Organizer received the notification of the complaint, to the address (e-mail or post) provided in the notification.
4. The complaint will be considered and delivered within 14 days from the date of receipt of the written notification, unless the applicable regulations set a different deadline.
5. In a situation where it is necessary to obtain additional explanations from the Participant in order to consider the complaint, the deadline for responding to the notification is additionally extended by the time of providing explanations by the Participant.
§ 8 LIABILITY
1. Taking into account the limitations resulting from these Regulations and the mandatory provisions of law, the Organizers are liable for damage resulting from non-performance or improper performance of services at the Conference, unless it is proven that the damage could not have been prevented despite exercising due diligence.
2. Taking into account the limitations resulting from these Regulations and the mandatory provisions of law, the Organizers are not responsible for:
a. damages resulting from actions or omissions of persons for which the Organizers are not responsible,
b. damage caused by Force Majeure.
3. Pursuant to Art. 558 § 1 of the Civil Code, the Organizer’s liability under the warranty towards a Participant who is not a Consumer is excluded.
4. The organizers are not liable for damages in the form of lost profits, consequential expenses, inability to use, delays, etc. (lucrum cessans).
5. The liability of the Organizers towards the Participant who is not a Consumer, regardless of its legal basis, is limited – both as part of a single claim, as well as for all claims in total – up to the amount of the Price paid.
II. Terms of purchase and use of services
§1 Purchase of services
1. The condition for purchasing the services (listed on the website) is the registration of participation in the Conference in the Registration Form, its correct completion, selecting the option in the Registration Form and paying the appropriate fee according to the applicable price list posted on the Conference website.
2. Marking the confirmation of reading the Regulations in the Registration Form is tantamount to acceptance by the Ordering Party of these Regulations.
3. The organizers make a limited number of services available for sale.
4. The organizers have the right to grant discounts when purchasing an Entry Ticket, in accordance with the current sales policy.
6. The Organizers reserve the right to enable the Participant to change one type of services with a smaller range of services to a service with a wider range of services based on the rules established for such a change, with the proviso that if such a possibility is used, the Participant loses the right in the form of transfer options. After changing the Participant’s service, the rules of the Regulations for the new service apply.
§2 Payment and entry on the list of Participants
1. Entering on the list of Participants who have one of the types of Entry Ticket takes place after the payment is credited to the Provider’s bank account – MADOGZ sp. z o. o. ul. Ustrzycka 6, 02-141 Warszawa, KRS: 0000873332, NIP: 5213914790, REGON: 387697923. The Ordering Party will be informed by the Organizer via e-mail, to the address provided in the Application, about the fact of being entered on the list of Participants.
2. Rules for booking and purchasing exhibition space:
a. The Participant may book any of the services until September 1, 2023. In case of questions, the Participant may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or make an online reservation at www.ece-warsaw2023.eu.
b. All Participants who have made a reservation are required to pay a deposit of 50% within 15 days from the date of contracting. The remaining amount must be paid by January 31, 2023.
c. Participants who make a reservation after January 31, 2023 will have 15 days to make a full payment for the reservation.
d. The deadline for submitting logos, advertisements and other documentation to appear in the Exhibitors’ Catalog will end on July 1, 2023.
5. In the case of reservations made after July 1, 2023, the Organizer will not guarantee their presence in the Exhibitors’ Catalogue, but guarantees their presence in the event’s digital media: website and application.
3. Rules for canceling the reservation of the exhibition space:
a. Any stand or sponsorship booking may be canceled within 30 days from the date of booking with no cancellation fee.
b. From January 31, 2023, the Organizer will charge a 50% cancellation fee.
c. From March 31, 2023, the Organizer will charge 80% of the cancellation fee.
d. Any resignation made on or after April 1, 2023 will result in a 100% resignation fee.
4. All additional services (including, among others, the purchase of hotel rooms, catering services and all other additional services) are 100% prepaid and non-refundable.
5. All prices in the price list provided on the website: https://ece-warsaw2023.eu/ are net prices and are increased by local VAT in the amount of 23%.
6. The Organizer may issue a VAT invoice for the data provided by the Participant.
§3 Transfer of services
1. It is possible to transfer all paid services.
2. Transfer of services is possible to any Participant.
3. The transfer of services is possible provided that the service is available and that the information required by the Organizers regarding the person receiving the service is entered in the appropriate form.
4. The participant accepting the service is obliged to accept the regulations available on the Conference website https://ece-warsaw2023.eu/ and undertakes to comply with them. With regard to the processing of personal data, the Participant accepting the service will receive an information clause regarding the processing of personal data in order to perform the service after registering attendance by sending it to the Participant’s e-mail address.
5. Each service can be transferred multiple times.
6. The deadline for the transfer of all services is the date: September 10, 2023. The date may be changed by the Organizer.
§4 Exchange of the Entry Ticket
1. After purchasing the Entry Ticket, the Conference Participant may exchange it, z
with the reservation that the Entry Ticket may only be exchanged for a package of a higher standard and value.
2. In order to exchange the Entry Ticket, the Participant is obliged to pay a fee which is the difference between the price of the purchased Entry Ticket and the price of a higher package.
3. The price difference will be calculated based on the price of the exchanged Entry Ticket and the price of the package for which the exchange takes place, applicable on the date of exchange of Entry Tickets.
4. The deadline for the exchange of Entry Tickets is: September 10, 2023.
§5 Purchase of the “Gala Dinner” service
The Organizers offer, in the “Gala Dinner” service, hereinafter also referred to as the Gala, which is a separate paid service of the Organizers for the Participant, participation in the gala evening Gala, held as part of ECE Warsaw 2023. Information about the Gala is published on the Conference website: https: //ece-warsaw2023.eu/gala-dinner/
1. The condition for purchasing the “Gala Dinner” service is to register for the Conference in the Registration Form and select the “Gala Dinner” option in the Registration Form and pay the agreed fee.
2. Selecting the “Gala Dinner” option in the Registration Form and confirming that you have read the Regulations is tantamount to acceptance by the Ordering Party of these Regulations.
3. The organizers make available for sale a limited number of Entry Tickets to the Gala. The sale offer of the “Gala Dinner” package is valid until it is exhausted.
4. The organizers have the right to grant discounts when purchasing the “Gala Dinner” package, in accordance with the current sales policy.
§6 Payment and entry on the list of Participants
1. Entering on the list of Gala participants takes place after the payment is credited to the Provider’s bank account – MADOGZ sp. z o. o. ul. Ustrzycka 6, 02-141 Warsaw, KRS: 0000873332, NIP: 5213914790, REGON: 387697923. The Ordering Party will be immediately informed by one of the Organizers via e-mail to the address provided during registration about the fact of being entered on the list of Participants.
§7 Transfer of “Gala Dinner” services
1. Transfer of the “Gala Dinner” package is possible provided that the package is in possession and the information about the person receiving the service, necessary to participate in the Conference, is entered in the appropriate form.
2. The rules for the transfer of services are set out in this section in § 3 section 4-6 and they have
applicable to the transfer of the “Gala Dinner” package.
§8 Change of Participant
1. If it is not possible to participate in the Conference and use the “Gala Dinner” package for reasons beyond the control of the Participant, the Organizers allow the possibility of participation in the Conference and use of the “Gala Dinner” services of another Participant indicated by the Ordering Party. In this case, use the Service Transfer option.
III. Additional payment information
1. In the event of cancellation of the Conference, with the proviso that this does not apply to the cancellation of the Conference due to a fortuitous event, the amount paid to the Organizer’s bank account will be returned no later than 30 working days from the planned date of the Conference to the bank account from which the payment was made . The moment of making the return is the moment of placing an order to transfer funds to the above-mentioned Bill.
2. Electronic payments are handled by the payment operator TPay S.A. or another selected by the Organiser.
3. Payment can be made at the Customer’s choice: by credit card, electronic transfer or traditional transfer.
4. If it is necessary to return the amount paid electronically, the refund will be made using the same payment channel.
5. In order to make a payment, it is necessary to express relevant consents published by the payment operator. The Organizers are not responsible for the data processed by the payment operator.
IV. Additional information
1. In the case of random events, the Organizers allow for the possibility of changing the assumptions of the organization of the Conference and services, including the date and method of their implementation. In this case, the Organizers undertake to inform the Ordering Party about the changes made via e-mail sent to the Ordering Party’s address provided in the Application. The Ordering Party has the right to resign from participation within 7 working days from receiving the information. The notification is made in the manner indicated in the information sent. No resignation is tantamount to acceptance of the introduced changes. Failure to accept the changes means the Participant’s resignation from participation in the Conference and the services covered by the Entry Ticket selected by the Participant and the right to request a refund of the paid price from the Organizers within the statutory period.
2. Without the written consent of one of the Organizers, it is forbidden for the Participant to sell or make available to other Participants benefits covered by one of the paid services.
3. If the Participant fails to use all or part of the services offered in the Entrance Ticket packages, including the “Gala Dinner” package, the Ordering Party is not entitled to a refund of the fee for them.
4. The Ordering Party and the Participant/Participants bear full, joint and several liability for the actions taken by the Participant(s) reported by him/her to use the Entry Tickets, including the “Gala Dinner” package, which were undertaken by them during the Conference and which have or may have an impact on participation in the Conference, its organization and implementation.
5. Any disputes arising from contracts concluded on the basis of the provisions of the Regulations for Participation in the ECE Warsaw 2023 Conference will be settled by the court competent for the seat of the Organizer.
7. The Ordering Party agrees to receive VAT invoices only via e-mail.
The Regulations are valid from the date of its publication.